Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
Hello, dear followers!
Ravensgem, my first book, is now available at Gumroad as a DRM-FREE eBOOK BUNDLE! What do you get in said bundle? Hassle-free digital versions of this book: EPUB (eReaders, iPhone, iPad, Smartphones, Tablet), MOBI (Kindle), PDF, & a Digital Thank-You Card. All for the price of… $4? Nope c;
Of course, if you want you can still pick up this book on Amazon Kindle and as a Paperback. Remember that if you purchase the Paperback version of this book through Amazon you will get the Kindle Edition for FREE~ ♥︎
What exactly is this book about? Here’s the back-cover blurb:
"Citizens of Iryport, we have gathered here today to witness a challenge of honor."
After two years of running, Lucian Wade has returned to Iryport. He left the city to escape the mistakes of his youth and now, he hopes that the past — and those he left behind — have given up on finding him.
But the past is relentless, and the person chasing him is not ordinary.
Johanna Kin, the most rich and powerful noble on the peninsula, is also Lucian’s only childhood friend. She wants to see him— but she doesn’t want to talk. Johanna calls a challenge of honor between her and Lucian.
A duel to the death.
Gadeean tradition demands that challenges be fought not with saber nor pistol, but with the blessings of the ancients. Within the veins of every Gadeean runs the black blood of The Mountain, and only they can ignite the power hidden in gemstones.
Separated from his allies, forced to fight for his life, Lucian clutches his ravensgem, and the power locked within.
“For too long I’ve been a victim of fate…”
Please consider giving this a reblog, and a big thank you to everyone who has already picked up the bundle! The reception to this has been amazing! Thank you to all of you for directly supporting independent authors and artists~ ♥︎
At the request of a few people I have decided to extend this sale for ONE DAY MORE! This is your last chance to pick up this eBook bundle for 50% OFF! Price goes back up to $4 on Tuesday!
Told him to get off the top of the car, he did this
The idea to display the pets inside the store started in Singapore as a collaboration between Ikea and two animal shelters, according to Business Insider. Together they formed the project Home for Hope.
this actually broke my heart a little bit and i cried what has the internet done to me wait no i just FUCKING LOVE DOGS SO MUCH
I am so proud of you, Singapore.
dawee somebody adopt me 50 dogs
Adopt never buy
when someone makes a joke about one of ur insecurities
I HAVE THE HEADCANON THAT DRAGONS THINK THAT MERMAIDS ARE SUPER COOL BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN WATER AND STUFF
one time when I was about four, the 10 year old neighbour boys attacked me with water guns and when I ran away and told my mom she gave me the hose and set it to pressure wash and basically told me to finish what they started
I thought sexy pizza was the best Halloween costume this year, but I think Edgar Allen Ho may have just changed the game.
ok but seriously my favourite prehistoric animal is definitely andrewsarchus
THEIR JAW WAS A METER LONG
LOOK AT THAT SIZE COMPARISON
BUT THAT’S NOT THE BEST BIT
YOU SEE THEIR CLOSEST LIVING RELATIVES AREN’T BEARS
THEIR CLOSEST LIVING RELATIVES
This gif is the meaning of the word “yas”